POET’S COVE CABINETRY
A warm and inviting kitchen is the hallmark of any home. This is something that the Lake Street Home design team understands and works with each guest to include in their home. Adding some of these elements will make your space useable and efficient. Our designers can give you a spectacular new kitchen at a fraction of the cost you’d pay elsewhere. Here are some examples of features that make a kitchen stand apart:
- Your Lake Street Home designer can incorporate hundreds of different elements, accessories and inserts to suit your needs. A few examples are wine racks, stemware racks, roll-out shelves, roll-out trash bins, cutlery drawers, spice racks, pot racks, cookie sheet storage solutions, lazy susans, pantry cabinets, microwave shelves, cookbook storage and so on! She or he can also incorporate such things as beadboard, farmhouse sinks, corbels and turned posts for an inviting, custom feel.
- Catalog Diversity - Each line of cabinets includes between 150 and 250 different items including wall cabinets of varying height, glass-door cabinets, angled corner cabinets, lazy susans, pantry cabinets of different sizes, microwave cabinets, drawer base cabinets and so on. From there you and your designer can choose the appropriate trim, panels, crown moldings, decorative moldings, corbels, turned posts,and other finishing touches that other online retailers leave you scrambling to find or create yourself.
- Soft Close Doors and Drawers - Soft close technology brings the door or drawer quietly to a stop when it is shut. When your visitors are treated to an environment free of slamming doors, you set the tone for a more easygoing visit.
- Full Overlay - Full-overlay is when the doors and drawers of your cabinets cover almost all of the cabinet frame when closed. The visual benefits of this are a more upscale and pleasing look to your kitchen.
- Cabinet Grade Plywood Construction - Our most budget-friendly styles have particle board box construction. The rest have cabinet-grade plywood which also provides a very strong and sturdy platform for your drawers and countertops. Once reserved only for costly, custom kitchens, you can now get high-end box construction at a great price with Lake Street Home.
TURTLE BAY FLOORS
The Lake Street Home selection committee has chosen flooring that will give you top-end features and quality with compelling value.
- Synchronized Embossed -Most of our upper laminate and waterproof click floors (WPC) will come with a synchronized embossed woodgrain or distressing. This means that the woodgrain, saw marks, and knots that you see on the wood is also shown in the finished surface texture of the plank for a unified hardwood look. Industry insiders call this “Embossed In Register”. We don’t like insider jargon, so we call it synchronized embossed because it makes more sense to us. Most of the lower thickness laminate and waterproof click flooring has a simple embossed or even woodgrain embossed surface, so there’s texture, but it doesn’t necessarily match the visual of the plank. This looks very nice and saves you money.
- Micro V-Bevel - You’ll see planks edged in a micro v-bevel on our flooring. When laminate or waterproof click flooring is finished with a flat edge or press-bevel, it just doesn’t look as much like real hardwood flooring. So, we decided to eliminate those edges from our offerings. All of our laminate and waterproof click flooring comes in large planks with a micro v-bevel for that fresh from the sawmill look! The fact that it’s “micro” means that you don’t need to worry about all sorts of debris to get stuck in the grooves as the groove between planks is very slight while still providing great aesthetic appeal.
- Unilin Locking Technology - Another item that our master installer was adamant about was the usage of patented Unilin locking technology. We’ve evaluated many locking systems and none compare with the patented Unilin Uniclick system. While other floors we evaluated clicked and popped when people walked across them, or even split when a pointy heel hit the seam just right, the Unilin system was rock-solid and quiet. Do not settle for an inferior locking system unless you want everyone in the the house to hear your every footstep! Unilin is on every floating floor sold on Lake Street Home.
- Pad Attached - When installing a floating floor, you will want to place an underlayment layer below the flooring. This padding layer will make the floor quieter, provide some insulating value, hide minor subfloor imperfections and create a moisture barrier between the flooring and the subfloor. Our selection committee determined that we could attach the foam padding to the back of our 6.5mm waterproof click flooring (making it an 8.5mm floor) because the core itself is already waterproof. This would not be advisable with traditional laminate flooring due to the core being made of fiberboard which would readily absorb moisture. Pad-attached waterproof click flooring is a bit simpler to install because you save the step of rolling out underlayment.
- AC4 Wear Rating & Aluminum Oxide (laminate) - Our master installer insisted on only AC4 rated laminate floors. We did not compromise on this. With an AC4-rated wear layer of aluminum oxide, your laminate flooring from Lake Street Home will stand the test of time.
- Microscopic Ceramic Particles (waterproof click) - The decorative/wear layer of waterproof click flooring consists of a transparent vinyl with a top layer of UV cured urethane embedded with microscopic ceramic particles. This technology provides a superior wear & stain resistance and easy care & maintenance.
- CARB2 and FloorScore - We would only want a floor in our home that we feel comfortable with, which is why all of our laminate flooring is CARB2 rated for environmental air quality and all of our waterproof click vinyl flooring is FloorScore rated for environmental air quality. These two designations tell you that your family’s health is important to us.